Davisco Foods Energy
Davisco Foods International, Inc. actively connects energy management and sustainability to our efforts to produce high quality cheese and food ingredients. Our employees are engaged in site based energy teams to reduce energy, water consumption and greenhouse emissions by twenty-five percent over a five-year period utilizing the Department of Energy's Energy Star program. Our sustainability efforts are not only internally focused but we also partner with several national initiatives to reduce the dairy industries footprint nationally.
- Davisco Foods leadership has adopted a unified company Energy Management Policy.
- Davisco Foods has started an Energy Savings Initiative to reduce overall company energy usage by twenty-five percent over five years from the base-line year. This effort will also reduce plant carbon emissions.
- Davisco Engineering staff has developed a company energy team to serve as a resource to Davisco Plant teams.
- Davisco Engineering has hired an Energy Manager to lead energy initiatives and serve as a resource to the company.
- Davisco plants have formed employee teams that are utilizing the Energy Star-Energy Management Guidelines to implement the company initiative.
- Davisco plants are in the process of auditing production systems for best practices, optimal efficiency, and opportunities to invest capital to upgrade equipment.
- Davisco plant energy teams are continuing to move forward with the implementation of energy efficiency opportunities within their plants including; occupancy sensors/updated lighting fixtures, boiler control upgrades / heat recovery, refrigeration system control upgrades, mass energy balance of process equipment, water/wastewater reductions, etc.
- Davisco plant energy teams are working to educate plant employees on energy utilization and have created suggestion boxes for employees to make suggestions for team actions.
- Davisco highlighted its Energy Initiative in the latest issue of Daviscope.
- Davisco Foods currently participates in the following national energy programs:
- Energy Star Partner - U.S. Department of Energy
- Save Energy Now LEADER Program - U.S. Department of Energy
- Energy Star Challenge - IDFA/U.S. Department of Energy
- Industry Energy Saving/Efficiency Program - U.S. Department of Energy
Davisco Energy Management Policy
- This Policy applies to all Davisco operations.
- The objectives of this policy are to improve energy consumption efficiency, reduce cost, optimize capital investment for energy efficiency, reduce environmental and greenhouse gas emissions, and conserve natural resources.
- Policy Statement
- Davisco will promote the efficient use of energy to produce and deliver products and services to its customers.
- Policy Guidelines
- Improve energy efficiency continuously by establishing and implementing effective energy management programs that support manufacturing capabilities while providing a safe and comfortable work environment.
- Emphasize energy efficiency as a factor in product development and in process and facility design.
- Secure adequate and reliable energy supplies at the most advantageous rates and implement contingency plans to protect operations from energy supply interruptions.
- Encourage continuous energy conservation by employees in their work and personal activities.
- Drive further development of internal and external energy efficient and innovative technologies.
- Cooperate with governmental agencies and utility companies on energy programs.
- Support national energy efficiency policies.